29 September, 2006

Random Entertainment

Whenever I feel stressed out or depressed or tired or sad or anxious or just not 100% for whatever reason, one of the best antidotes is laughter. You just can't beat unexpectedly funny things that induce good, hard, loud laughter. Towards the end of last week I received 4 emails in one day that were so funny I could hardly stand it (3 of them were from my sister), and my attitude was consequently revolutionized.

The following links may not make you laugh out loud- usually somewhat personalized humor works best, and some of these are more interesting than funny- but I hope that you gain at least marginal entertainment, if that's what you are looking for:

~Sarah May left these links in the comments section a while back. I kind of want to try to recreate the experiments myself.

~This gem was discovered while watching The Learning Channel with some friends shortly before I left for Croatia. Keep in mind that this is a serious website, not intended to be humorous.

~A report from the front lines of the battle between good and evil in suburban America.

~Finally, if you're looking for a good movie, I highly recommend Little Miss Sunshine. I saw this about 8 hours before leaving the U.S. It was so awesomely unique and funny and engaging that I actually forgot all about Croatia for almost the whole film.

1 comment:

Bryon and Sam Scharenberg said...

I'll be there, how about you?

we found some cheap tickets, maybe your team could come meet us?

 

DeepThoughtsByJackHandey.com